The last two weeks of Lent comprise the season of Passiontide. As the Church directs her attention in earnest to the sufferings of our Lord, in a sense she now goes into mourning. Anything of joyful sentiment is completely subdued: the statues are draped in violet; the psalm Judica me is omitted at the prayers at the foot of the altar; and the Gloria Patri is absent throughout the Mass, indicating the grave offense against the Holy Trinity through the ploys to arrest and crucify our Savior. Passiontide serves as a great opportunity to renew the resolve of our Lenten penances, which sometimes tends to wane as Lent progresses.
- Masses and Intentions
- Feast of All Souls Day Mass Times
- Parish Yard Clean-Up
- The choir is accepting new members and you are invited!
- Extension of the Parish Library
- St. John Bosco Boys’ Guild Sign-Up
- From the St. Rita Women’s Guild
- The Parish Lending Library
- The Choir is Accepting New Members
- REMINDER: St. Joseph’s Guild Meeting – October 14